Monday, July 23, 2012

Eat Dirt...or Mud!

I'm really letting that six year old in me get out this summer. I've been playing kickball and this weekend I played in the mud.  My friends, sister and I participated in the Canton Pee Wee Mud Run. To say it was fun would be an understatement. We ran through the fields and the woods, crawled through mud pits and tunnels, over hay bales and walls, and slid down an awesome super sized water slide over the 4.7 mile course. It was made even more challenging given the uneven ground and my lack of coordination and balance, bad ankles and recent injury, but my sister and I stuck together (as family should) and got it done.  The rest of our team, "One Tough Mudder", got it done as well, but much quicker than me and my sister. I can assure that this will only be the first of many more mud runs for me. I even think I could get my friends to join me again.

Team "One Tough Mudder" looking nice in clean
before the race.
Dirty Girls!
Me and my sister, Amanda
They used to be white t-shirts.

Step out of your comfort zone. Lace up those old sneakers. Challenge yourself and get out there and sign up for a mud run or another activity today. For those of you eager to try a mud run, click here for information on the Run the Ridge event taking place at Maple Ski Ridge in Schenectady this Saturday, July 28th.

1 comment: